If you’re like me, perhaps you
- Forget how long it’s been since you actually bathed your little ones?
- Forget to water those poor, thirsty plants?
- Would like to track how long you’ve stayed away from something bad (like caffeine)?
If you’re an iGoogle user, here’s a widget to help you.
The basic idea and usage model behind Days Since has affinity with Getting Things Done and other time management techniques — get the noise of remembering your recurring todos out of your head, and onto your iGoogle dashboard!
Notes on the “Days Since” widget
- Hit the reset button to set your days counter back to zero
- Hit the delete button to remove a reminder
- Hover over the reminder description to see how many times you’ve reset the item, and the average number of days between resets (your typical “days since”). Reminders are sorted by how close to the average they are, and reminders which are “overdue” (beyond the average) are highlighted red.
- The code for Days Since is hosted at Google. The code is available under the permissive MIT license.
- Want similar functionality in the real world? Days Ago timers are a great way to physically tag plants, food in the fridge, etc. with a days counter.
- Uses the simple, ever-useful, and free two-tone icon library
- Curious about how this kind of widget gets developed? Subscribe to blog posts here, or look in comments below for follow-up postings on news related to the Days Since widget.
- Feedback and feature requests are welcome. And if you have new, interesting uses for this, please let others know.
Spread the word