Bernie Thompson -- Monday, November 5, 2007
I don’t thank my friends often enough. Ok, maybe for some of the big things, but definitely not for the little things. We all could use a bit more of the positive energy that comes from a simple “thank you” from people we care about.
As a first facebook application, I tried to develop something fun to help myself and the other poor souls that fall in my camp.
Some things to note how Karma Club works
- It turns thanking friends and gaining karma into a game of sorts
- Your karma balance goes up as friends thank you for your good deeds — and doesn’t go down
- Everyone has a limited amount of “free karma” to give to friends. You start with 100, and gain back 3 new points each day, up to a limit of 100.
- Note that if your free karma is at 100, and you’re not giving any away, you’re losing the 3 new points each day — so be generous in thanking your friends
- When you thank friends, you send a private thank you note in addition to sending them karma. Only you and the recipient can see the note
- Your “Karma Leaders” board is just among your friends. So you don’t get made to look bad by “Mary in Cincinnati” who spends her whole day taking care of her flock of friends and neighbors
Please give Karma Club a try! Any problems you find, or thoughts you have for making it better are welcome — here or on Facebook’s listing page for the app.